Class of 2020 Outcomes: Genevieve Koumentakos Assists with Business Operations

May 22nd, 2020

DD09DC77-FB66-4952-B03D-61C493E9992A-e1627055113707.png
Genevieve Koumentakos
Westfield, Massachusetts
Business Administration
Internship / Job
Operations Assistant
Bradley, Foster & Sargent, Inc.

With another successful Commencement behind us, future High Point University graduates are commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2020:

Name: Genevieve Koumentakos

Hometown: Westfield, Massachusetts

Major: Business administration with minors in economics and finance

Post-graduation plans: Koumentakos joins Bradley, Foster & Sargent, Inc. as an operations assistant following graduation. She will provide operational support to the senior operations officer in working with business administrative tasks, performing account openings and closings, and providing administrative support to the sales and marketing departments. Koumentakos will also be working on periodic reporting for the investment committee and annual planning meetings.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University provided me with the tools and resources to be successful. HPU is a place where you truly get what you put in, and every situation gave me the confidence and drive to get a job post-graduation. In my four years, I was blessed with amazing friends, mentors and teachers that gave me their best advice and encouragement. Without them, I would not be the woman I am proud to be today. I used the Office of Career and Professional Development to help me with my resume and cover letters. I also went to them for help in completing my LinkedIn and getting interview advice. ”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Professor Tucker inspired me to go into finance and was one of the best teachers I had at High Point University. He was a mentor for me to talk to at any time, and I respect him a lot.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “There is no specific moment that comes to mind when I am asked this question. HPU gave me unlimited opportunities and moments that impacted me as a person. During these past four years, I made mistakes and learned from them, learned how to be a better person to others and in my studies. There are so many moments from honor societies, to Alpha Kappa Psi, Zeta Tau Alpha, and so many other organizations inside of High Point University I was given the opportunity to thrive in any situation.”

Advice for underclassmen: “My advice is to always say yes. Say yes to any mentor that wants to help you, friends that want to see you thrive and courses that seem challenging. Push yourself during these four years, as they fly by, and you will find yourself wanting to go back in time to do it all over again. Connect with as many people as you can, schedule informal interviews, and most of all, practice your personal and interviewing skills. Know what you are talking about and show interviewers who you really are and what you represent. Most of all, be proud of yourself, you will get a job. Don’t get discouraged.”