Class of 2020 Outcomes: Philip Filiopoulos Finds His Future in Finance

With another successful Commencement behind us, High Point University graduates are commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2020:

Name: Philip Filiopoulos

Hometown: Annapolis, Maryland

Major: Finance with a minor in sales

Post-graduation plans: Filiopoulos joins Reliable Contracting as a junior accountant in Millersville, Maryland. Filiopoulos works with the CFO of the company managing all accounts and will be participating in a management training program by spending two weeks in each division of the company from utilities, site work, plant management, and many more. The company is also flexible with Filiopoulos attending the University of Maryland graduate school to pursue his master’s in financial management.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU gave me the confidence to go into an interview knowing what I want and how to show my value. The Office of Career and Professional Development helped me make my resume as professional as possible and showed me how to use my networking skills to make connections.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU was Professor Randy Moser. He was never too busy to hop on a call with me or meet with me to help me figure out what I want.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was the first night after moving in as a freshman. The transition to college is such a big adjustment, but I made friendships that I will have forever.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Try everything that HPU has to offer, whether it’s a club, a sports team or Greek life. If you ever have any interest in something, don’t be afraid to try it.”