Internship Profile: Amalie Packard Picks Up Practical Experience

Aug 17th, 2020

pic-scaled.jpg
Amalie Packard
North Palm Beach, Florida
International Business
Internship / Job
Tax Intern
Ellrich, Neal, Smith and Stohlam, P.A.

Name: Amalie Packard

Hometown: North Palm Beach, Florida

Major: International business with minors in Spanish and accounting

Internship: Packard worked with Ellrich, Neal, Smith and Stohlam, P.A. as a tax intern where she filed payroll and sales tax forms for businesses and both personal and business tax return extensions, in addition to doing bookkeeping for said businesses and organized tax files.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU pushed me to apply for this internship and confidently interview with the managing partner of the firm. I was very prepared for the interview thanks to Professor Holcombe and her business boot camp and business communication and professional development classes. The university helped prepare me both academically and socially. I visited the Office of Career and Professional Development for advice on my resume and what to wear to an interview.”

Most Impactful Mentor: “Professor Noxon had a huge impact on my academic career. His financial accounting class inspired me to add accounting as my minor and potentially pursue a career in accounting. He was always open to sit down and talk with me about my options and give advice from his experience in the accounting field.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “I have thoroughly enjoyed interning at ENSS this summer. I have been given projects and tasks that have made me think outside the box to find solutions. I am also thankful for the real-world experience working in universal programs such as Workpapers and Quickbooks. This internship has provided a solid foundation of working experience for my future career.”