Class of 2021 Outcomes: Kayla Cast Finds a Future in Finance

With another Commencement quickly approaching, High Point University graduates will be commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2020:

Name: Kayla Cast

Hometown: Morris, Connecticut 

Major: Finance with a minor in accounting

Post-graduation plans: Cast will be joining Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation as a financial institution specialist (FIS) in Nashville, Tennessee. She will be evaluating bank operations, business planning, and risk management strategies. Cast will also assess financial institutions’ safe and sound banking practices, internal controls and procedures, and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU helped me get where I am because of the professors. My professors have not only taught me the important information for classes but how to be a business professional. They taught me how to dress, act, present, interview and more. Their life experiences are what make them great professors, and I’m so lucky they pass along all their knowledge to their students. I also used the Office of Career and Professional Development to help get my resume ready for employers to review.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentors at HPU were Professor Davis and Dr. Tucker. Professor Davis has helped me by always ensuring I knew where I wanted to go in life and what I needed to do to get there. He made sure all of his students had a clear path and assisted us in any way possible. Dr. Tucker is my academic advisor and has always been there for whatever I needed. He has been so helpful, caring and passionate about his students. I’ve had a class with Dr. Tucker every year since my sophomore year, and I have loved every class with him.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was the day I got accepted into the Disney College Program. I knew if I was able to get into a prestigious internship program, nothing was too far from reach. Almost a year from that day, I received news of the internship that ultimately led the job I’ve secured today. HPU has always been such a positive environment and has given me the resources and opportunities I need to succeed.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Always seek out opportunities, and don’t be afraid to put yourself out there. Ask your professors, advisors, family and friends if they know about any opportunities you might be interested in. Employers want to see you trying and putting yourself out there.”