Class of 2021 Outcomes: Tyler Murray Decides on Denver

With another Commencement quickly approaching, High Point University graduates will be commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2021:

Name: Tyler Murray

Hometown: Denver, North Carolina

Major: International relations with a minor in economics

Post-graduation plans: Murray will be attending the University of Denver Joseph Korbel School of International Studies in Denver, Colorado, to pursue a Masters in International Security.

How HPU helped you get there: “My professors, mentors, and experiences prepared me for a world ranked university to pursue a masters in my desired field of study. The Office of Career and Professional Development helped me prepare my graduate school application materials such as my resume and personal statements.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. Mark Setzler, my academic advisor, helped prepare me through my class selection and by writing letters of recommendation for my graduate school applications. Without him, I would not have been able to submit my applications and make my decision with such confidence.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My time studying abroad cemented my passion for international affairs and helped me develop countless life skills taught at HPU allowing me to strengthen my resume and life experience prior to graduate school.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Listen to the advice you are given to help you make the best decision for the career you are passionate about. The professors, advisors and mentors will help you achieve whatever you can put your mind to if you challenge yourself and set goals!”