Class of 2021 Outcomes: Delaney Matthews Designs with CBI

Oct 05th, 2021

IMG 6351
Delaney Matthews
Allentown, New Jersey
Interior Design
CBI

With another Commencement behind us, High Point University graduates will be commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary member of the Class of 2021:

Name: Delaney Matthews

Hometown: Allentown, New Jersey

Major: Interior design with a minor in visual merchandising

Post-graduation plans: Matthews joins CBI as an associate design project manager, where she is responsible for providing clients with premier workplace furniture solutions. She handles the design projects in the Greenville, South Carolina market from conceptualization to completion.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University encourages all of its students to work hard, chase their dreams, and be relentless in the pursuit of the extraordinary. After graduating in May 2021, I felt confident in the professional and technical skill set I had developed over four years at HPU. Through my job search and interview process, I felt incredibly supported by my peers, professors, and alumni network that helped me connect with other industry professionals. The Office of Career & Professional Development helped review my resume and portfolio before being sent to potential employers. I was given valuable critiques on these documents, as well as tips on starting a full-time job search and how to approach and properly prepare for interviews. ”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. Jane Nichols went above and beyond to help connect me with alumni and industry professionals during my job search process. As a mentor, she was always available to give valuable career and design advice. She helped me to identify my true goals, and the necessary steps to achieve them. I greatly appreciate all of her guidance and support. ”

Advice for underclassmen: “Know the value of networking! Reach out to as many people as possible during the early stages of your job search. Your classmates, peers, professors, and HPU alumni are all great resources to help you become connected to the industry of interest. ”