Class of 2021 Outcomes: Sarah Westin Focuses on Foreign Policy

Oct 13th, 2021

06246457 5539 4671 9397 D1E8FC5523F8
Sarah Westin
Delray Beach, Florida
International Relations

With another Commencement behind us, High Point University graduates will be commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary member of the Class of 2021:

Name: Sarah Westin

Hometown: Delray Beach, Florida

Major: International relations with a minor in History

Post-graduation plans: Westin will be attending the University of London for a Master’s in Diplomacy and Foreign Policy.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU helped my confidence grow both inside and outside of the classroom through both stimulating and insightful lectures and through organizations and clubs that peaked my interests. HPU will continue to impact my goals because of the valuable lessons I learned in professionalism through the Office of Career & Professional Development and through my on campus job. I used the Office of Career and Professional Development mostly in my senior year to ensure I was sending grad schools proper personal essays and for advice on which schools I should be applying for. I also stopped in multiple times for resume help. ”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Returning to campus for my senior year for in-person learning despite COVID. ”

Advice for underclassmen: “Don’t be afraid to apply for that big job you want. Even if you don’t get it, you can still say you tried and it’ll show your dedication and desire to the company which could be helpful in the long run! HPU will give you the tools but it’s up to you to apply them to your post HPU life. ”