Class of 2022 Outcomes: Juliette Holm Joins IBM Team in Texas

Apr 19th, 2022

1633440234670.jpeg
Juliette Holm
San Jose, California
M.A. Communication and Business Leadership
IBM

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2022:

Name: Juliette Holm

Hometown: San Jose, California

Major: M.A. communication and business leadership

Post-graduation plans: Holm will be joining IBM in Dallas, Texas, as a brand sales specialist. In her role, she will help clients grow their businesses by solving tactical business problems with IBM’s proven Artificial Intelligence, Cloud and hardware technology solutions. She will also collaborate with IBM sales, technical, executive, product development, financial and other support resources while developing skills and knowledge in consultative sales, technical solutions and industry applications.

How HPU helped you get there: “Coming into college, I was a quiet, terrified of public speaking and of holding leadership roles. HPU and the Professional Selling Program pushed me out of my comfort zone early in my college career. For that, I will always be grateful. Sophomore year, I held a leadership position in the Professional Selling Club. Only a year and a half later, I took on the role of president. I fully accredit HPU and the Sales Program for giving me the confidence to achieve any goal I set out to accomplish.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Professor Larry Quinn helped me discover my love of sales, and became like family during my time at HPU. While always looking on the bright side and being everyone’s biggest cheerleader, Quinn pushes people to the edge of their comfort zone and helps them realize growth it isn’t as scary as it may seem. After an interview, I would go to Quinn’s office to debrief and learn how to improve for the future. As the faculty advisor for the Professional Selling Club, Quinn helped me coordinate amazing events that connected students with great opportunities. He is a great supporter. Even if a goal seems unattainable, he helps create a plan of how to get there.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Coming into my role as vice president of membership for the Professional Selling Club was a pivotal moment for me. This was the first leadership role I ever held, and it showed me that I am capable of leading an organization.”

How has HPU’s inspiring environment contributed to your success? “Spending every day in HPU’s inspiring environment makes it easy to go into a boardroom and not feel out of place. When students aren’t intimidated by their surroundings, they can make an excellent first impression. Additionally, being surrounded by beautiful places drives your desire to build a life after graduation that is equally as nice.”

What are the life skills HPU helped you develop that prepared you for long-term success? “During my internship with IBM, I was offered a full-time position due to my desire to learn and be coached on how I could improve in the future. Being coachable was something I learned from High Point University — as on campus there is a culture of finding ways to improve and putting your best foot forward.”

What are the values and virtues HPU’s campus helped you develop that you’ll take with you after graduation? “Personal initiative is a value I will take with me after graduation. HPU has taught me that you can do anything you put your mind to, but if you want to see the finish line, you must be proactive in overcoming any barriers that may arise. Another value that builds on that is hard work. The best things in life don’t come easy, but putting in hard work will result in a return on investment that proves it was worth your time and effort.”

Advice for underclassmen: “It is never too early to start building your professionalism. HPU has great resources to set you up for a successful post-graduate career, and the earlier you take advantage of them the better!”