Class of 2022 Outcomes: Caroline Hamrick Consults Within the Cloud

Jun 15th, 2022

75D2AB59-3F49-4AA3-BE97-BB83240A0699-e1654805690843.jpeg
Caroline Hamrick
Aldie, Virginia
M.A. Communication and Business Leadership
Oracle

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2022:

Name: Caroline Hamrick

Hometown: Aldie, Virginia

Major: M.A. communication and business leadership

Post-graduation plans: Hamrick joins Oracle in Austin, Texas as a sales and business development consultant. In her role, she is responsible for acquiring and growing new accounts within Oracle Cloud Technologies.

How HPU helped you get there: “The environment at HPU instilled in me a desire for success and provided me constant encouragement to go after my dreams. At HPU, students are surrounded by excellence. It’s impossible to spend time in that environment and not pursue excellence in your own life. My professors invested in my development and served as mentors for my academics, future goals and personal development. My career advisor in the Office of Career and Professional Development helped me develop and strengthen my resume, cover letter and LinkedIn profile. I also participated in a mock interview with the Assistant Director of Career and Professional Development, Brandon Floyd, to prepare me for my interview with Oracle.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Larry Quinn, Dr. Cara Kozma and John Mims were my most impactful mentors at HPU. Professor Quinn makes everyone feel special, is incredibly knowledgeable in his field and has valuable experiences to share with students. I was his instructional assistant and saw that he wanted me to succeed and encouraged me to dream bigger than I could imagine! Dr. Kozma is an incredible teacher and wasn’t afraid to have real conversations about issues in the world. I served as her intern and she was one of many professors who took interest in my progress and always made me feel valued. Professor Mims saw my potential before I recognized it myself. He was always available to just chat or to provide a motivational speech when times were tough.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “I can’t think of just one moment because the entire five years I spent at HPU were impactful. The culture and environment of HPU are unlike any other university, and I met the most incredible people who helped foster my growth.”

How has HPU’s inspiring environment contributed to your success? “There’s no doubt that HPU’s campus is one-of-a-kind, but it truly sparked motivation in me and increased my drive for success. It made me want to mirror the excellence I was fortunate to experience at HPU.”

What are the life skills HPU helped you develop that prepared you for long-term success? “There are so many life skills HPU instilled in me through classes, events and workshops put on by the Office of Career and Professional Development. I learned how to communicate effectively, how to handle myself in different environments, how to work with difficult people, how to surround myself with positive influences, the art of self-awareness and more.”

What are the values and virtues HPU’s campus helped you develop that you’ll take with you after graduation? “I will take forward the value of networking. You never know what connections or influence the people you talk to have. This applies to everyone you meet. It’s important to show everyone kindness and respect because you never know how it could impact you or them!”

Advice for underclassmen: “You get out what you put in. We are showered with opportunities at HPU, so say yes to them. The more experiences you have, the more leadership skills you’ll develop and the more opportunities you’ll have in the future. Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there and make an opportunity for yourself! Also, go to Alo and 1924 PRIME as much as you can!”