Internship Profile: Kelley Gosling Completes Clinical with NASA

Jun 18th, 2022

Read More Internship Profiles  

Name: Kelley Gosling 

Hometown: Edison, New Jersey

Major: Master of Science in athletic training

Internship: Gosling completed her final clinical rotation as an athletic training student in an on-site clinic at the Kennedy Space Center in Merritt Island, Florida, through the NASA Environmental and Medical Contract (NEMCON). In this role, she provided athletic training services to an occupational population, treating everyone from custodial staff and welders to engineers and administrators. She helped provide patients with the tools to take their health care into their own hands through patient education and comprehensive home care plans that meet each patient’s goals.

How HPU helped you get there: “The faculty in the Department of Athletic Training supported me throughout my graduate career and were especially encouraging of this unique opportunity. Between being far away from home, HPU and the letters of recommendation, I could not have done it without them.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “The Department of Athletic Training was so close-knit and supportive that I can’t choose just one mentor to recognize above the rest — they were all impactful to me. My classmates were also incredibly encouraging of my endeavors.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future? “I discovered a passion for athletic training in the occupational setting. This unique experience equipped me with the skills and knowledge to land a job with Select Medical at Walt Disney World.”