Class of 2022 Outcomes: Jason Stateham Scores a Sports Podcast

Jul 22nd, 2022

jason-e1658241063406.jpeg
Jason Stateham
Oxford, Massachusetts
M.A. in Communication and Business Leadership
Foul Ball Podcast

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary graduate from the Class of 2022:

Name: Jason Stateham

Hometown: Oxford, Massachusetts

Major: M.A. in communication and business leadership

Post-graduation plans: Stateham created the sports podcast “Foul Ball Podcast” to help streamline Boston sports programs onto one platform. He serves as the main reporter for the podcast and responds to any challenges as information changes daily.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU helped me to feel comfortable not only in challenging myself but in a challenging time, too. Taking the next step to build a brand was not easy, but  HPU provided resources to guide me. I also used the Office of Career and Professional Development for internship and summer job searches. 1924 PRIME and Alo helped me understand the impact a business dinner or gala can have.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. Jenny Lukow was my most impactful mentor. Her presence inside and outside of the classroom was always uplifting and inspiring. Getting to learn from her for four years was an incredible honor.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “One of the most impactful moments I had at High Point University when I learned that I could graduate a semester early from my undergraduate journey. In that moment, I realized that through hard work and a strong commitment to the overall good around me, anything is possible.”

How has HPU’s inspiring environment contributed to your success? “High Point University provided students the insight to envision how things are going to be, rather than how things were. Being a part of that transformational experience is something that I apply in my daily planning.”

What are the life skills HPU helped you develop that prepared you for long-term success? “Creative thinking, communication, interpersonal skills and resilience are life skills I developed at HPU. Creating a new brand from scratch is not easy, and  these skills play a pivotal role in the daily process.”

What are the values and virtues HPU’s campus helped you develop that you’ll take with you after graduation? “Confidence is a value that HPU helped me develop. I came to HPU in 2018 from a small town in central Massachusetts. The amount of confidence and courage I gained since then is significant.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Do not be afraid to take the leap of faith. There was a long portion of time where I debated building the Foul Ball Podcast brand. Although I have encountered some sleepless nights, there have been even more moments of success while doing something that I love.”

Share your news with us for a chance to be featured!