Class of 2022 Outcomes: Kaitlyn Conroy Specializes in Social Media at Margaritaville

Jul 30th, 2022

C75F824E 984C 469F A7BF 092DCB9C6849
Kaitlyn Conroy
Old Bethpage, New York
Graphic Design
Margaritaville

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary graduate from the Class of 2022:

Name: Kaitlyn Conroy

Hometown: Old Bethpage, New York

Major: Graphic design

Post-graduation plans: Conroy joins Margaritaville in Orlando, Florida, as a social media specialist. In her role, she supports Margaritaville’s content and marketing team goals by onboarding partners to their accounts, shutting down fraudulent pages, interacting with guests across multiple platforms and providing support or direction when needed.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU provided me a foundation for work-life balance. From an ideal class schedule to fostering a welcoming campus that enabled me to be a Margaritaville University College ambassador on campus, HPU always pushed me to succeed in everything I was a part of. HPU helped me write my first resume and secure the first job I applied for. ”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor was my senior studio professor Janis Dougherty. She never walked into class without a smile on her face and taught me that if you love what you do, you’ll always walk into work with a smile, too!”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was working as a student intern in the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life. Working with their team for two consecutive years set the foundation for my path in social media and taught me how to communicate across various mediums with people of all different levels.”

How has HPU’s inspiring environment contributed to your success? “HPU’s inspiring environment contributed my success because the driven and ambitious students, alumni, families and residents on campus taught and pushed me to do more.”

What are the life skills HPU helped you develop that prepared you for long-term success? “HPU taught me the importance of strong communication and task management skills. This allowed me to finish multiple projects at once, exceeding the standard and never missing a deadline.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Start finding opportunities now to build up your skills and set a foundation for yourself. Connect and continue to work as hard as you can because one day a company will not only seek you out, but they will fight for you, just like Margaritaville did with me.”

Share your news with us for a chance to be featured!