Class of 2022 Outcomes: Kayelin Cosgrove Builds on Biology Degree

Jul 20th, 2022

Picture1-1-e1657743224842.jpg
Kayelin Cosgrove
Cumberland, Maryland
Biology

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary graduate from the Class of 2022:

Name: Kayelin Cosgrove

Hometown: Cumberland, Maryland

Major: Biology with a minor in Spanish

Post-graduation plans: Cosgrove joins the School of Nursing at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina, to pursue an accelerated bachelor’s degree in nursing.

How HPU helped you get there: “The faculty and staff at HPU helped me develop countless skills, such as time management and effective communication. The opportunities to work alongside faculty strengthened my leadership and mentoring capabilities. Developing these skills made me a competitive candidate for the elite programs I applied to.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU was Carolyn Adams, assistant professor of Spanish. She encouraged me and offered me guidance when I applied to graduate programs.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “One of the most impactful experiences during my time at High Point University was serving as a Peer Mentor. I loved being a part of other students’ lives and seeing them grow during their first few weeks of college.”

How has HPU’s inspiring environment contributed to your success? “Being surrounded by instructors who want you to succeed and an inspiring environment pushed me to apply to top-tier schools I never would have considered before my time at HPU.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Get involved in activities you enjoy as well as ones you may not have considered before. Life is about growth and connections, and what better place than HPU to do those things?”

Share your news with us for a chance to be featured!