Class of 2022 Outcomes: Kelley Gosling Arises as an Athletic Trainer

Aug 05th, 2022

Select-Headshot.png
Kelley Gosling
Edison, New Jersey
Master of Science in Athletic Training
Select Physical Therapy

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary graduate from the Class of 2022:

Name: Kelley Gosling

Hometown: Edison, New Jersey

Major: Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT)

Post-graduation plans: Gosling joined a team of athletic trainers at Select Physical Therapy in Orlando, Florida, that partners with a premier theme park in the area. In her role, she helps reduce the number of onsite employee injuries by designing and implementing specific injury reduction programs under the direction of a medical director. Select Physical Therapy provides sports medicine, physical therapy and athletic training services to more than 500 professional sports teams, schools and organizations across the country, such as Walt Disney World.

How HPU helped you get there: “The faculty in the Department of Athletic Training supported me throughout my graduate career and helped me build my confidence, both as a young clinician and a person.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU was Dr. Nancy Groh. She has been with the athletic training program since its inception and serves as the clinical coordinator. Her gift for networking and fostering connections between students and preceptors is unparalleled. She encourages students to explore their professional interests through new opportunities and supports them along the way.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment was during my clinical rotation at the Kennedy Space Center, which I completed before I graduated. During this rotation, I found a passion for the occupational setting in athletic training, which inspired me to pursue similar jobs after graduation. I credit this rotation with making me a competitive candidate for my job.”

How has HPU’s inspiring environment contributed to your success? “The Department of Athletic Training is comprised of highly accomplished individuals with a wide variety of professional backgrounds and philosophies. When combined with the accessibility of hands-on experiences both inside and outside the classroom, HPU students graduate prepared for a successful career in athletic training.”

What are the life skills HPU helped you develop that prepared you for long-term success? “As an athletic trainer, I have to think critically and quickly. The MSAT Program prepared me to do so by starting students in clinical rotations our second semester, which exposed us early to real-world situations.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Take advantage of every opportunity you can. Take a class on a whim just because it sounds interesting. Go to that club meeting even if you go by yourself. And apply for that internship you think you have no shot of getting. You may surprise yourself.”

Share your news with us for a chance to be featured!

View More Graduate Profiles