Class of 2022 Outcomes: Mason Fish Finds Sweet Success

Aug 26th, 2022

1634400957917.jpeg
Mason Fish
Mansfield, Massachusetts
Entrepreneurship
Inspire Brands

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary graduate from the Class of 2022:

Name: Mason Fish

Hometown: Mansfield, Massachusetts

Major: Entrepreneurship

Post-graduation plans: Fish has joined Inspire Brands’ corporate headquarters in Canton, Massachusetts, as a customer relations coordinator. In his role, he is a liaison between customers and the organization to provide information and support pertaining to the Dunkin’ Donuts Perks app.

How HPU helped you get there: “I had a lot of great professors over my four years at HPU. They were more than simply teachers — they served as mentors. Classes weren’t just about delivering academic knowledge. Professors instilled practical information in students and taught us how it applies to our future careers. This made classes incredibly interesting and engaging. I utilized the Office of Career and Professional Development for support often. The conversations I had with career advisors in their office were very helpful, and they made it so easy to take advantage of tools to prepare myself before sending out job applications.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor was Kathy Elliott, assistant professor of entrepreneurship. She was a great teacher and mentor who cares about her students. Her classes were engaging, and I felt she taught and focused on important topics that were beneficial to students’ future careers.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “I had many in my four years at HPU. Overall, I was always impressed with the level of respect and support from the HPU staff — from the cafeteria workers to my professors. Everyone is friendly, helpful and welcoming. They created an environment where you felt comfortable to live and learn on your own.”

How has HPU’s inspiring environment contributed to your success? “HPU created a positive environment all four years to welcome and support students. Everything on campus contributed in some way toward keeping students motivated.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Take advantage of everything HPU has to offer. The time goes quickly, so be sure to experiences new things that could help you find your career. Keep networking with your classmates. Also, put yourself out there and let folks know you are looking for opportunities. Find a mentor in your community who can make some introductions for you.”

Share your news with us for a chance to be featured!