Internship Profile: Danny Shay Lives His Sports Media Dream

Aug 04th, 2022

Read More Internship Profiles

Name: Danny Shay

Hometown: Holtsville, New York

Major: Sports media

Internship: Shay is a content intern at SportsNet New York (SNY) in New York City. His responsibilities include logging games and practices as well as gathering information needed to produce original SNY content. In his role, Shay also travels to Citi Field, home of the New York Mets, to assist in the live production of Mets games on SNY.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU’s experiential learning opportunities helped me get here. Learning in the classroom is great, but having the opportunity to broadcast games on ESPN+ through Sportslink and hosting shows in the TV studio for HPU Vision has taught me so much. I have also visited the Office of Career and Professional Development¬†for resume-building strategies. Their team’s help was crucial to making sure my resume was at its best before submitting my application.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Professor Ken Medlin has been my biggest mentor throughout this process. His guidance and support have meant everything to me during my time at HPU. The professors at HPU really build a relationship with their students that you don’t see at other schools.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “My experience as an intern at SNY is a dream come true. Watching this network as a kid, it was a dream of mine to work here, and I’m enjoying every second of it. Growing up as a New York Mets fan, getting to occasionally work at Citi Field feels surreal. I hope this internship leads to a future for me at SNY!”

Share your news with us for a chance to be featured!