Internship Profile: Ja’Karia Burdett Manages Project Designs

Aug 10th, 2022

Read More Internship Profiles

Name: Ja’Karia Burdett

Hometown: Fayetteville, North Carolina

Major: Interior design with a minor in social innovation

Internship: Burdett joins Carolina Business Interiors in Raleigh, North Carolina, as a project design manager intern.

How HPU helped you get there: “Specifically within the design program, my professors and advisors are always giving me beneficial advice and providing me with in-the-industry opportunities that have helped me get my foot in the door. They have pushed me out of my comfort zone and I am beyond grateful!”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentors at HPU are professors Cathy Nowicki and Gary Inman. They have helped guide me through my major and provided me with real-life advice and opportunities that have allowed me to grow as a designer. They’ve seen things in me that I failed to see in myself, and I am forever thankful for them for pushing me to be uncomfortable and try new things.

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “Although this internship has been challenging, I have gotten to see every aspect of commercial design and learn more about the industry I aspire to work in. The staff have been so welcoming and treat me as if I’m already part of the team.”

Share your news with us for a chance to be featured!