Internship Profile: Jake Lorah Sees a Future in Sales

Aug 08th, 2022

Read More Internship Profiles

Name: Jake Lorah

Hometown: Beach Haven West, New Jersey

Major: Sales with a minor in computer science

Internship: Lorah joins information technology provider company CDW in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, as a summer sales intern. In his role, he participates in a variety of meaningful projects while gaining experience in a high-performance sales environment. He also manages relationships with new and existing contacts while working with experienced account managers on targeted selling campaigns.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU’s long list of complimentary resources on campus helped me get where I am. Everything from career advisors in the Office of Career and Professional Development helping me build my resume and cover letters to the academic services team working with me to build my schedule, there were so many amazing resources at my disposal. HPU has taught me valuable life skills that I wouldn’t have received at any other college. I’ve greatly improved my public speaking and selling skills by participating in hands-on projects and real-life simulations that prepare me for the situations I will face as sales professional. HPU also taught me about professionalism in a work environment by encouraging students to dress business casual for some business classes, effective learning techniques, tips for a sales call and proper business etiquette.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Larry Quinn, chair of the Department of Marketing and Sales, and Alyssa Haynes, assistant professor of marketing and sales, are my most impactful mentors. They have been with me every step of the way and are always available to help or talk when I need them.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “This internship has been excellent. I have enjoyed shadowing account representatives to see what they do on a normal work day, such as calling their clients, creating quotes and building relationships with people.”

Share your news with us for a chance to be featured!