Internship Profile: Lindsey Conway Curates Museum Displays

Aug 02nd, 2022

Read More Internship Profiles

Name: Lindsey Conway

Hometown: Port Orange, Florida

Majors: Psychology and individualized major

Internship: Conway joined the Museum of Arts and Sciences in Daytona Beach, Florida, as a curation intern. In her role, she is responsible for curating a historical art exhibit and helping validate museum inventory for accreditation. She also researches artifacts and provides descriptions of places, styles and mediums, and historical significance to create museum cards for display with the artwork.

How HPU helped you get there: “My experience networking and planning with HPU staff to create my own major in the study of visual culture made me feel confident in my ideas and communication skills. Professor Emily Gerhold has been a tremendous supporter of my goals and was instrumental in my receiving the internship.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU is Emily Gerhold, assistant professor of visual arts and director of Sechrest Gallery. Mrs. Gerhold has been a supporter, advocate and source of encouragement for me since Freshman Orientation. She took the time to meet with me after a long day at Orientation to discuss the Individualized Major Program in art history. She helped me make sure my second major aligns with my goals and HPU’s academic standards. She also encouraged me to take on this internship and is someone I can count on for guidance.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “In my internship role, I get to handle historical pieces and see the process of putting on an exhibition. I have gained confidence in my writing and communication skills and presented my own exhibit ideas. I hope to curate exhibits that focus on both psychosis in art and art for art therapy in the future.”

Share your news with us for a chance to be featured!