Internship Profile: Patrick Kelly Scores in England

Aug 25th, 2022

HPU Patrick Kelly

Read More Internship Profiles

Name: Patrick Kelly

Hometown: Newtown Square, Pennsylvania

Major: Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT) and B.S. in exercise science

Internship: Kelly joined the Blackburn Rovers Football Club in Blackburn, England, where he shadowed the head performance coach who works with premier soccer players. In this role, he monitored players’ performance and helped with evaluating their injury and exercise activity. Kelly says this internship and HPU are helping him land his dream job in this profession.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has given me the tools academically to pursue my dream of becoming a lead performance coach with a major prestigious sports organization. Brandon Floyd, assistant director in the Office of Career and Professional Development, helped me with the paperwork process prior to my internship. I have excellent lecturers and guidance readily available to navigate and assist me daily as I earn my bachelor’s and master’s degrees in five years. This university is an extension of my family life with “God, family and country” at the helm. I hope to take these words with me after graduation as a foundation for success from The Premier Life Skills University.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “I have so many great mentors at HPU but Dan Tarara, chair and associate professor of exercise science, motivated, encouraged and advocated for my opportunity abroad this summer. He is always willing to help and provided endless information regarding the internship process.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “My internship solidified my academic intention at HPU and allowed me to experience what was possible in my pursuit of happiness beyond college. I know I am on the right path, having been surrounded by experts in my chosen field and observing their professionalism. The overall experience was exhilarating and I feel blessed to have had this internship.”