Class of 2022 Outcomes: André Evans Builds Client Relationships

Sep 05th, 2022

HPU Andre Evans
André Evans
Duxbury, Massachusetts
Strategic Communication
Lydonia Technologies

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary graduate from the Class of 2022:

Name: André Evans

Hometown: Duxbury, Massachusetts

Major: Strategic communication

Post-graduation plans: Evans joined Lydonia Technologies in Westwood, Massachusetts, as an account executive. In this role, he is responsible for building relationships with new and existing customers.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU helped me get to where I’m at in my career with the unlimited opportunities to grow myself in any direction. There is a bottomless pool of resources offered to students. I used the Office of Career and Professional Development to help craft my resume. Dr. Doug Hall, vice president in the Office of Career and Professional Development sat down with me one-on-one and helped me polish my resume.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU was Dr. Brandon Lenoir, assistant professor of political communication. I had Dr. Lenoir for two classes and as my advisor. He had an impact on me for two reasons. One, because he had a clear confidence in his field yet displayed humility when speaking of his accomplishments, and two, he was always honest. My most impactful moment was when I presented an idea in front of state legislators in Raleigh, North Carolina, as part of my campaigns class my senior year. This experience affirmed that I was prepared to take on the professional world. If I could stand up and speak with a politician confidently and professionally, I could do the same with anyone else I encounter.”

How has HPU’s inspiring environment contributed to your success? “Being surrounded by HPU’s beautiful campus for four years taught me that it is the type of environment I want to be in. To live the lifestyle that we enjoy at HPU requires a lot of hard work and determination, which propelled me to the success I have had so far in my career. HPU prepared me for where I am because of its commitment to helping students develop real-world skills like networking, effective communication and self-awareness.

Advice for underclassmen: “Keep an open mind. When I came to HPU as a freshman, I never saw myself in a sales role, but here I am today doing well in that. In other words, try as many different things as you can, whether that be classes or activities. You never know what you might be good at until you try it.”