Internship Profile: Gabriella Costa Assists Attorneys

Sep 08th, 2022

Read More Internship Profiles

Name: Gabriella Costa

Hometown: Commack, New York

Major: Criminal Justice

Internship: Over the summer, Costa joined Wicker Smith O’Hara McCoy & Ford as a law clerk and office services intern in Naples, Florida. In her role, she assisted attorneys with their projects and cases.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU’s positive environment and staff helped me get here. Applying for internships and putting yourself out there can be nerve-racking, but my advisor and a few individuals in the Office of Career and Professional Development helped me put my best foot forward with each application. Kellie McLeod, a senior career advisor, especially helped make sure my resume and my LinkedIn profile were the best they could be.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor is Dr. Margaret Chrusciel, assistant professor of criminal justice. She has been my professor for the past two years and is simply the best. She’s the reason I changed my major to criminal justice. Her classes and enthusiasm while teaching is amazing, and the relationships she forms with her students are even better. I feel comfortable going to her with anything because I know that she is my biggest supporter.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “Working on cases with lawyers was surreal. My internship helped me get my foot in the door with so many opportunities for the future because of the knowledge I gained.”

Share your news with us for a chance to be featured!