Skip to Main Content
May 05th, 2023

Class of 2023 Outcomes: Brittany Weger Practices Pharmacy

Brittany Weger Headshot

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse at one extraordinary member of the Class of 2023:

Name: Brittany Weger

Hometown: Wellington, Florida

Major: Doctor of Pharmacy

Post-graduation plans: Weger will join Ascension St. Vincent Riverside Hospital in Jacksonville, Florida, as a first-year pharmacy resident. She will be a licensed pharmacist and rotate through different acute care areas within the hospital including cardiovascular, critical care, internal medicine and more to get additional practice and experience as a pharmacist.

How HPU helped you get there:

“HPU’s 2-4 pharmacy program and my involvement in on-campus organizations and outside activities helped me gain the experience and skills to interview with 11 pharmacy resident programs and successfully match at Ascension St. Vincent. I also visited the Office of Career and Professional Development for help developing my CV for preparing for interviews.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU:

“Dr. Courtney Bradley, assistant professor of clinical sciences, was my most impactful mentor at HPU. She helped me tremendously through the application and interview process for my residency. She provided feedback on my presentations and allowed me to go on all the interviews I needed to while on rotation with her. She is the absolute best professor and person.”

Most impactful moment at HPU:

“I’ve had a lot of impactful moments at HPU, but being able to learn and grow at a university as beautiful as this one and with professors and peers I love is what has made my time here so amazing.”

How has HPU’s inspiring environment contributed to your success? 

“HPU is my home and has been for the past six years. I thrived in an environment that I loved to be in, and HPU provided me with a home away from home that I am so grateful for.”

Advice for underclassmen: 

“Soak up everything you can. HPU is a university like no other and will provide you with memories and experiences you will take with you wherever you go.”