Graduate School

Admissions Information

Norcross Graduate School invites applications from students whose academic preparation and career interest suggest capability for success. Master’s applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record. Doctoral students must hold a master’s degree with a strong academic record.  Faculty and/or professional reference reports, as well as the applicant’s essay of interest and resume, are considered. Before beginning the application process, please carefully read the description of the program and its requirements. All programs do not consider applicants for admission for each term and all programs have different admissions requirements.  See the Graduate Programs section for admission terms and application materials. The Norcross Graduate School makes all offers of admission.

We hope you have decided that High Point University offers the education and the learning environment you are seeking.  We look forward to receiving your application.  Use the online application today.

Degree Admission Deadlines

ProgramFall 2015 DeadlineSpring 2016
MBAJune 30November 15
Strategic CommunicationJune 15 November 15
HistoryJune 30November 15
Educational Leadership (Ed.D)May 1N/A
Add-On Educational AdministrationJune 30November 15
Educational Leadership (M.Ed)June 30November 15
Elementary EducationJune 30November 15
Special EducationJune 30November 15
Secondary Mathematics 9-12June 30November 15
MAT Elementary EducationJune 30November 15
MAT Secondary MathJune 30November 15


To submit transcripts and application materials, please use the address below:

High Point University
Norcross Graduate School
833 Montlieu Avenue
High Point, NC 27268

Non-degree Admission
Non-degree admission may be approved for applicants, including High Point University master’s degree alumni, who wish to take courses without earning credit in a High Point University graduate program. Further, some courses may not be available to non-degree students and consultation with the program director prior to applying for non-degree admission is advised. Generally, students classified as non-degree are allowed to take a maximum of six semester hours.

While non-degree students may subsequently apply to pursue a degree, there is no assurance they will be admitted to a degree program. Any application to change from non-degree to degree admission must be submitted and reviewed before the end of the term in which the maximum number of allowed non-degree hours will be completed. If admitted to a degree program, time spent in non-degree status counts toward the maximum time allowed for earning a degree.

Required Non-degree Application Materials:
• Online application with an application fee (nonrefundable $50; cannot be waived);
• Transcripts: official transcripts from all colleges attended (including High Point University). Transfer credit posted on a transcript of a college is not accepted in lieu of transcripts from the college attended. For seniors completing requirements for a bachelor’s degree, current transcripts toward the degree should be sent. For all work completed in a college outside the United States, a comprehensive evaluation (showing English translation of courses, grades, GPA, degree equivalency, and more) must be sent directly to the Graduate School from an officially recognized credential evaluation agency such as World Educational Services (WES);
• Resume;
• Non-Degree Essay;
• One professional reference report on form provided; and
• Supplemental Information (any additional information or materials required by the program of interest; see the program of interest section of the Graduate School Bulletin for application materials)

Transfer of Credit

Graduate credit earned at another institution is not transferred automatically. Students in degree programs, which consider transfer credit, may submit an application for transfer of credit to the Graduate School during their first term of graduate enrollment. Students who meet the below requirements and are looking to transfer credit should email for more information.

For transfer credit to be considered, the course work must show meet the following:

a) Must be completed at an institution accredited as degree-granting by a recognized regional accrediting body for higher education at the time the course was completed;

b) Must be appropriate for fulfilling High Point University degree requirements;

c) Must not exceed six semester hours of graduate credit;

d) Must have earned “A” or “B” for all hours being transferred;

e) Must not have been completed more than five calendar years prior to the request for transfer of credit;

f) Must be documented on an official transcript that existed in the Graduate School at the time of the original review for admission;

g) Must have been earned through regular instruction not workshops, independent study, portfolio-based experiences, and the like;

h) Must be approved by a student’s program director and the Associate Dean of the Graduate School.


Graduate Admissions
Norcross Hall
833 Montlieu Ave
High Point, NC 27268

Phone: 336-841-9198
Fax: 336-841-9024
Our Staff

Graduate School in the News

Tjai Nielsen
Professor Shares Research on International Investment in Emerging Economies
read more
Christopher Gillespie
Alumnus Invests in High Point
read more
Norcross Gaduate School
Norcross Graduate School to Host Open House
read more
View All

Upcoming Events

View All Events

Graduate Social Media

fb_03 twitter_05