visit to HPU
To Apply to the High Point University School of Pharmacy for the Fall 2020 Semester:
- Complete the 65-hour prepharmacy curriculum
- Apply during the second year of the prepharmacy program
- The Fred Wilson School of Pharmacy at High Point University participates in the PharmCAS Early Decision program (see instructions below).
- Submit a complete application, including three references, through the PharmCAS. The Fred Wilson School of Pharmacy at High Point University will be accepting applications through July 1, 2020.
- Recommended references include 1)Pharmacist or other Healthcare Professional; 2) Professor (science or math preferred); and 3) one from the following group: Employer or Supervisor, Faculty or Pre-Health Advisor
- Your letters of reference should not be from a family member or personal friend
- For more information about interview day activities see the Interview Day Outline below.
- If you are completing your prepharmacy courses at another college/university verify all of your prepharmacy course equivalencies. If you need assistance contact the School of Pharmacy advisor or the Admissions Advisor.
- It is strongly recommended that you meet with the Pharmacy Advisor to better understand the personal and professional traits and experiences that will be valued in the admission process
To Apply for Early Decision at the High Point University School of Pharmacy:
- You must mark on your application that you are applying for Early Decision.
- The Early Decision deadline requires that applications and course transcripts be received by PharmCAS before or on September 3, 2019.
Interview Day Outline:
The purpose of the interview day is to provide the opportunity for us to get to know you and for you to learn more about the High Point University School of Pharmacy, so you can determine if our program is the best fit for you.
- Introduction to the High Point University School of Pharmacy
- Two one-on-one interviews with HPU School Pharmacy faculty members
- You will compose a brief passage to demonstrate your written communication skills.
- Complete a ten-problem math assessment. This assessment does not require calculus and a calculator will be provided for you.
- Tour the High Point University campus and the new Fred Wilson School of Pharmacy Building.
- Lunch with School of Pharmacy faculty members.
- Wrap-up and questions.