Welcome Peer Mentors of High Point University
All incoming students at High Point University will be assigned a Peer Mentor. Peer Mentors are sophomores, juniors, and seniors who have volunteered to assist new students in their transition to HPU. This student serves as a familiar face on campus who offers support and guidance to new students.
What Peer Mentors Do
The High Point University Peer Mentor program takes a group of incoming freshmen and transfer students and pairs them with an upperclassman.
Who Are Peer Mentors?
- Peer mentors are undergraduate students (Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors) who apply in the spring to be accepted into the program. These students offer advice, respond to questions, and provide information about campus life and resources to their mentees.
- Peer mentors coordinate small mentorship groups, usually around 7-10 incoming freshmen. Mentorship groups are invited to attend an array of pre-planned events by the Peer Mentor Executive Board.
- Mentorship provides a great opportunity for students to get to know one another before coming to HPU, make friends with one another, and make the transition go more smoothly.
- A typical peer mentor will spend roughly the first 2-3 months doing activities with their mentees. During the first couple of weeks of school, the mentees and mentor spend several hours with one another going to different events and making sure they are fitting in and making friends. Some mentors continue to plan activities and become friends with their mentees.
If you have any questions about the Peer Mentor program, please feel free to contact Peyton Davis or Scott Wojciechowski, at 336-841-9231. You can also send an email to email@example.com.
Peer Mentor Application
– Rising sophomore, junior, or senior
– Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
Applicant GPAs will be reviewed and only qualified applicants will be offered an interview.
Tuesday, February 2, 7 PM, Phillips 120
Wednesday, February 3, 6:30 PM, Phillips 120
Application Deadline: 5 PM Wednesday, February 10
Interviews: Monday, February 15 – Wednesday, February 17
Decision Notification by Wednesday, February 24