Class of 2015 Outcomes: Kyle Prates Lands Job in Boston

Aug 26th, 2015

Name: Kyle Prates

Hometown: Winchester, Massachusetts

Major: Prates graduated with a B.A. in Strategic Communication on May 9.

Post-graduation plans: Prates accepted a position as an account development manager at Creative Office Pavilion in Boston, Massachusetts. Prates’s responsibilities include business development, social media, networking and chasing prospective accounts.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University helped me prepare for success by providing the ideal college experience that I was looking for. In the classroom, I was taught by phenomenal professors with a curriculum that equipped me with the skills and knowledge base that I needed in order to feel comfortable entering the professional job market as well as my new career path. Outside of the classroom, I was able to participate in endless social and extracurricular activities that really helped me understand what it meant to be involved in something where I could give back to the community while making lifelong friends in the process.

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “The most impactful mentor I had at HPU was Professor Phil Watson. During my junior year I took Strategic Communications with Professor Watson, and from that point on, he became someone who was invested in my success both as a student and an individual; he was always willing to help me with whatever I needed. It really means special when you have a professor that takes a special interest in their students and is truly invested in helping them achieve success.

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was joining my fraternity, Pi Kappa Alpha. Through my experience I was able to learn valuable skills such as leadership, teamwork, philanthropy and most importantly how to work hard for what you desire.

Advice for underclassmen: “Get involved and network! You only get four years so make the best of every opportunity that is thrown your way. Whether your involvement is extracurricular activities, Intramurals, Greek Life or any of the other organizations at HPU, get involved and be active in that group. You will build relationships, make connections and be exposed to countless experiences that will help you enormously as you enter the real world!

View More Graduate Profiles