Class of 2016 Outcomes: Vincent Perez Manages Accounts for Gartner

It may be early in the semester, but Commencement will be here before we know it. Many High Point University seniors are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2016:

Name: Vincent Perez

Hometown: Arnold, Maryland

Major: Perez will graduate with degrees in Business Administration, Communication and Sales, with a minor in Economics, on May 7.

Post-graduation plans: Perez accepted a position as an Account Executive for Gartner in Fort Myers, Florida. In his position, Perez will help grow Gartner’s SMB channel by building relationships with C-level executives, helping them achieve their goals and adding value to their companies.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University has allowed me to get where I am by providing me with countless opportunities. Over the past four years, I have gained both valuable connections and experiences that wouldn’t have been possible without attending this university.

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Professor Randy Moser and Larry Quinn have both been great mentors for me. They’re constantly having conversations with me that have allowed me to make the best decisions, as I begin my professional career.

Most impactful moment at HPU: “When I became a brother of the Kappa Sigma fraternity. Everything that I got involved in both inside and outside the classroom spanned from relationships I made with them.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Get involved and take advantage of every opportunity. It’s easy to be complacent, but you will gain a lot of valuable experience by getting involved and building relationships.”