Class of 2018 Outcomes: A.J. DiRosa Begins his Career with Disney Cruise Line

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2018:

Name: A.J. DiRosa

Hometown: Easton, Pennsylvania

Major: DiRosa graduated with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration and minors in Marketing and Sales.

Post-graduation plans: As a cruise vacation agent with the Disney Cruise Line in Celebration, Florida, DiRosa handles shore-side operations such as reservations, excursions, guest concerns and requests, and many other pre-vacation details.

How HPU helped you get there: “Without the help and preparation that I received from HPU, I wouldn’t be where I am today. The continued effort of the faculty and staff presented numerous opportunities for me; I just had to take advantage of them. I owe much of my success to Dr. Jim Wehrley, the dean of the Earl N. Phillips School of Business;  Professor Larry Quinn, the Chair of the Department of Marketing and Sales; and my academic advisor, Dr. Jo Lacy. The time and energy they invested in me furthered my success at HPU and my time spent at Disney. Their mentorship has left a lifelong impact on me. Another great resource for me was the Office of Career & Professional Development, which helped me pave the way for my successful year-long internship with The Walt Disney Company, which resulted in my full-time job offer.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My biggest advocate and mentor my freshman year was Pam Francisco, my Success Coach. She made sure I took all the steps in the right direction to become established and successful at HPU. Professor Larry Quinn taught me countless academic, social and professional life skills during my time at HPU. His unique approach to sales and marketing allowed me to open up and takes chances, knowing that I was prepared for the road ahead of me.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “During my time as a University Ambassador for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, I was able to provide visitors on campus with an individual look into my HPU experience. I led hundreds of prospective students and family members on tours, information sessions and special events during my time at HPU. The most impactful moments I had were seeing a freshman thriving on campus whom I had given a tour to less than a year ago.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Take the risk and do what makes you happy. If you live your life in the pursuit of what looks the best or what others think highly of, you will not find happiness in your everyday career. Your job only becomes work when it starts to become a chore. In order to achieve what you want in life, you must use polite persistence. Nothing will simply present itself without continued time and effort to achieve that goal.”