Internship Outcomes: John Gavin Rhodes Gains Experience at Chick-fil-A Headquarters

Name: John Gavin Rhodes

Hometown: High Point, North Carolina

Year: Rising Senior

Major: Computer Science

Internship: As a business analyst intern at Chick-fil-A corporate headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, Rhodes worked on projects with the IT Department on a team that directly supported Chick-fil-A operators. In this role, his tasks were to be the first line supporter, think critically, create synergy within the team, enact project management, look at things from a larger point of view and be a contact of support. My project this summer consisted of working on achieving results with a web app dedicated to operators.

How HPU helped you get there: “The Fresshman Success program allowed me an opportunity to experience real-life tasks that would prepare me for a corporate environment including project management and a combination of soft skills and hard skills, which is what HPU calls Life Skills.”

How you used Career & Professional Development: “I used Career & Professional Development to practice my interview skills and to update my resume and LinkedIn to appeal to hiring professionals.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Akir Khan’s guidance taught me to hold myself to a higher standard and create goals for myself that I didn’t even know I could accomplish. He has guided me through my ups and downs, and I am so grateful for his impact on my career.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?:“This internship provided me with skills that make me much more competitive as a candidate for other opportunities, including an opportunity for full-time employment at Chick-fil-A’s corporate headquarters. This internship experience at the Chick-fil-A Support Center has been like no other with a unique culture and amazing networking opportunities alongside other interns and Chick-fil-A staff I wouldn’t find anywhere else.”