Class of 2018 Outcomes: Evan Dupuis Directs Communications at Sports and Wilderness Camp

Class of 2018 Outcomes: Evan Dupuis

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2018:

Name: Evan Dupuis

Hometown: Kennett Square, Pennsylvania 

Major: Journalism with a minor in religion

Post-graduation plans: Dupuis will be working as the associate director of communications at Summer’s Best Two Weeks, a Christian sports and wilderness camp seeking to develop faith-based leadership in kids ages 8 – 18. As the associate director, he will oversee the wider communications of the camp, producing video content that will be shown at churches and colleges around the country. He will be recruiting existing and new families of campers to support the ministry, as well as interviewing and communing with college students from all over the world to fill the summer staff of counselors. 

How HPU helped you get there: “Being a transfer student, I had a more serpentine college career than most students. HPU enabled me to thrive despite being in a totally new place and has given me the confidence going forward to be adaptable and growth-oriented. HPU was a place where I was encouraged to cultivate my faith, which is the driving force in my life. In its acceptance of my desire to serve Jesus, HPU provided an environment in which my love for God and others could flourish. The office of Career and Professional Development helped me explore options as I approached graduation, and they helped me better understand my strengths, goals and dreams when it came to my professional path.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. Bobby Hayes was my most impactful mentor at HPU. He encouraged me to put my work out there and be open to constructive criticism. It was his mentorship that improved my writing ability and grew my love for the written word and the power of language.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Winning an ‘Excellence in Journalism’ award from the Society of Professional Journalists for a story that I wrote for a class at HPU was a huge moment for me. It validated the hard work and direction I chose for my career.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Learn to problem solve. Asking for help is a valuable lesson to learn, but be sure to take a moment whenever you are at a crossroads and sharpen your own decision-making skills. Seek counsel from mentors, family and God, and move forward confidently in times of tribulation by trusting and strengthening your own ability to discern.”