Class of 2018 Outcomes: Victoria Uminsky Becomes Sales Consultant for Henry Shein

Class of 2018 Outcomes: Victoria Uminsky

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2018:

Name: Victoria Uminsky

Hometown: Medway, Massachussetts 

Major: Sales

Post-graduation plans: Uminsky joined Henry Schein as a field sales consultant and will be responsible for managing all field sales activities within a specific territory. This requires her to regularly consult with contacts of different accounts in a designated territory to build merchandise, equipment, technology and service sales with existing customers as well as a heavy emphasis on obtaining new customers. Uminsky is expected to form a business relationship with the customer built around the customer’s needs.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU career services has been nothing but kind, caring and available whenever I needed the help. I used Career and Professional Development to help with my resume, search for jobs and perfect my Linkedin. They took the time to sit down with me and not only work through my resume, but they also helped me discover more about myself and the unrecognized skills I possess. Through my advisors and professors, I have been able to dream bigger than I could have ever imagined, and HPU helped me gain more confidence than ever. From 1924 Prime and learning proper etiquette, to the Professional Selling Club where I learned all the right and wrong things to say, HPU has prepared me to step out of my comfort zone and just go for it!”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “The most impactful mentor at HPU for me was Larry Quinn. Larry Quinn believed in me from day one. He would always push me to do my best and be there for me if I needed help. He helped me gain an internship at Henry Schein through a connection with their recruiter. If it were not for Larry Quinn I am not sure where I would stand today.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The most impactful moment at HPU would be joining the Professional Selling Club. I had always said I wanted to, but it took me two years to actually commit to going and I am so thankful I did. Sales club created so many long-lasting, connections, and it’s where I met my best friends.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Time is the most valuable thing you have. Get up and do it, whatever it is. Do not put off for tomorrow what you can do today. If you want it badly enough, and work for it, you will get it. My favorite quote to live by is, ‘If you don’t build your own dream, someone else will hire you to build theirs. Live, breathe and eat change because it’s coming, and you must be prepared to face it. Lastly, never dream of success, work for it.”