Class of 2019 Outcomes: Daniel Bartlett to Attend Law School

Daniel Bartlett

Though commencement is months away, High Point University seniors are already preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019: 

Name: Daniel Bartlett

Hometown: Great Falls, Virginia

Major: Business Administration with a minor in philosophy

Post-graduation plans: Bartlett will be pursuing a Juris Doctorate at the American University College of Law in Washington, D.C. 

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU provided an environment which taught me how to fully apply myself in not only my academics but every aspect of my life. I have become a much more efficient person in terms of my studies, my work and my involvement in activities around campus. The business and philosophy departments encouraged me to more actively participate in class and thus improved my confidence in applying myself. The Office of Career & Professional Development department helped me immensely during my application process. I was able to receive help on my resume as well as tips for making myself stand out on applications. ”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU would be Dr. Doug Hall in the Office of Career and Professional Development. I want to thank him for his one on one help in my application process. He was able to guide me through the overall process and help me gather my thoughts when I was stuck at times. He has been there for me throughout my time at HPU and has always been more than willing to reach out.”

Most impactful moment at HPU:  “My most impactful moment at HPU would be serving as a student justice. During my time with the program, I not only got to make important decisions, but I also was able to help students going through difficult times. I got to offer advice and assist students when they needed it the most.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Make sure you spend your time at HPU making friends and finding your passion. This school has numerous clubs, resources and opportunities to help you find what you truly enjoy. Having the confidence to reach out and capitalize on these offers is one of the most important things you can do here. As you branch out and meet new people you will begin to build a strong network of close friends you will always be able to rely on after graduation.”