Class of 2019 Outcomes: Gigi Petaccio Recruits for Aerotek

Class of 2019 Outcomes

Though commencement is months away, High Point University seniors are already preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019: 

Name: Gigi Petaccio

Hometown: Marlton, New Jersey

Major: Human Relations with a minor in psychology

Post-graduation plans: At Aerotek in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, Petaccio will be taking on the role of a recruiter, screening and interviewing candidates for necessary positions. She will work closely with account managers to understand client’s staffing requirements and place qualified people in coinciding roles.

How HPU helped you get there: “The classes and connections I have made at HPU have prepared me so well for the future. From resume and interview workshops in the Office of Carer and Professional Development to presentations and interview practice, I truly have gotten a well-rounded education and have had great opportunities through this school. I feel as though HPU has given me the life skills to have professional conversations in any environment. Throughout my years at HPU, people from Career and Professional Development have come into my major classes and business classes to help students with their resumes, interviewing skills, and with narrowing down fields and jobs students find interesting. The entire Career and Professional Development staff is nothing but encouraging and helpful.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU would be one of my advisors, Julie Hill. She has been an advocate for me throughout my time here, helping me narrow down what I wanted to do for a career and giving me connections and opportunities. Julie has been constantly encouraging and very supportive of me reaching my goal, which was landing a job before graduation!”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU has been getting promoted to Student Supervisor for the Phonathon program. I have worked with this organization since freshman year fundraising and gaining a leadership role has been a great experience. I have gotten to meet and train so many great students. I have also developed connections with the staff in the Office of Institutional Advancement through this job.”

Advice for underclassmen: “My advice for underclassmen is to get involved on campus and make as many connections as possible throughout your time here. Having a job during college or being a part of an organization looks great on a resume. The more connections you have, the more opportunities you have for potential internships and jobs. Enjoy every minute at High Point University, the time goes by very fast!”