Class of 2019 Outcome: Christiana Bellusci Studies Fashion in Italy

Christiana Bellusci

Although commencement is right around the corner, High Point University graduates are already preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019:

Name: Christiana Bellusci

Hometown: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Major: Fashion marketing with a minor in communication

Post-graduation plans: Bellusci will be graduating a semester early in December of 2019 and attending graduate school to study fashion retail management at Polimoda in Florence, Italy. 

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University has allowed me to grow as an individual, while providing me with information that I will value forever. The Office of Career and Professional Development has helped me create a strong resume and LinkedIn. My confidence in my LinkedIn and resume because of the career team was invaluable when applying for my masters .”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. Victoria Brown. She has been by my side since the first day I came to her and showed interest in individualizing a major. Without Dr. Brown, none of this would have been possible. She assisted me and helped me create my individualized major which allowed me to gain entrance to an exceptional masters program in the fashion field. She instantly gave me positive feedback and told me that we could make it happen. She has been by my side since the first day. Not only did she assist me in my individualized major, she has mentored me through an abundance of classes and provided me with the skills I need to stand out in this industry.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The most impactful moment I had at HPU was when I realized that I was not happy in my own major. I was so nervous to talk to someone about changing my major because I was very unsure of my options and what my future could look like in fashion. Once I did research, I realized that it was something I wanted to do. I was unhappy in my first major, so the biggest thing for me was to do something I love. When you do something you love, you can achieve anything.”

Advice for underclassmen: “You will never know something is the wrong fit if you don’t try it. Don’t be afraid to take the next step because you’re afraid of failure. Be excited about the next step because even if you fail, it will make you stronger. Focus on yourself and what you want to achieve, and never let anyone tell you that you can’t do it.”