Class of 2019 Outcomes: Lexy Rahim Joins Kohl’s Corporate

Lexy Rahim

With commencement just around the corner, recent High Point University graduates are already preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019:

Name: Lexy Rahim

Hometown: Akron, Ohio

Major: Marketing with a minor in sales

Post-graduation plans: As a merchandise analyst trainee for Kohl’s Corporate offices in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rahim will be looking at weekly sales recaps to determine the best selling products and opportunities within that product category. She will also have the opportunity to work with vendors and ensure products get to the right place at the right time, and in the right quantity. The career path for this role allows Rahim to work in both buying and planning with the end goal of becoming a buyer.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU is an inspiring place. Everywhere you look, you can find inspiration in the innovation we see happening every day, the professors, the staff, our Office of Career and Professional Development, motivating speakers and much more. As students of HPU, we get many special opportunities, and I feel very privileged to be graduating in May. During the second semester of my freshman year, I created a resume with the help of Career and Professional Development. It is the same resume that I continue to update and used when applying to potential jobs. I began to make connections in that office from day one by seeking help and have maintained those connections throughout the rest of my time at HPU. In addition, every final round interview I participated in involved some type of dining portion. I feel that HPU does provide opportunities to become prepared for settings like these in terms of etiquette because of 1924 Prime, the five-star restaurant and learning lab available to students. Most interview dinners that I attended wanted to see how potential employees behaved outside of the workplace and how they carried themselves.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. Hall in the Office of Career and Professional Development has been a huge help during my senior year. He gave me advice on where to apply, how to use my connections via LinkedIn, and how to further improve my resume! Dr. Hall is always a friendly face to see on campus. You can easily make appointments with him or even stop in really quick to give him updates on your job search! He is a very reliable, helpful and honest source of information who always has your best interest at heart.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “I had the opportunity to be the Chapter President of my sorority, Alpha Gamma Delta. This position opened my eyes to so many things. I learned how to be a leader, how to problem solve, how to interact with many personalities and situations, how to work on a team and how to make a positive impact on others. Alpha Gamma Delta impacted me in so many ways, and I know I will carry the many lessons with me far into my post-grad years.”

Advice for underclassmen: “While you are in college, put yourself in positions that allow you to discover your passions. Allow yourself to have some trial and error as you discover what you love to do and what you’re good at. Once you’ve found your passion and discovered your potential, you’re already halfway there. Become relentless in all your efforts from applications, phone calls and interviews. Be a friendly face to all because you never know what connections you may make for the future. Never be afraid to take risks because it may lead to your best journey yet. Lastly, have confidence in your abilities and who you are, find what makes you different and know your worth. Good things will always come to those who are passionate and work hard.”