Class of 2019 Outcomes: Morgan Dean Joins Ernst & Young

Morgan Dean

With another successful Commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are kicking off prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019:

Name: Morgan Dean

Hometown: New Oxford, Pennsylvania

Major: Accounting

Post-graduation plans: Dean joins Ernst & Young in Baltimore, Maryland, as an assurance staff member. In her role, she works with engagement teams to complete company audits.

How HPU helped you get there: “I can’t thank HPU enough for helping me in my career journey. The Office of Career and Professional Development was a huge source of wisdom and encouragement at the beginning of my time at HPU. I went to Career and Professional Development for the first time during my freshman year. April Cosner helped me to improve my resume, and I still remember her enthusiasm and confidence in me. Since then, I have worked with a few other advisors, and over the years they have all helped me to prepare for interviews, develop an elevator pitch, and use my LinkedIn profile to connect with recruiters. The professors in the accounting department also played a major role in my career preparation. They constantly worked with students to improve our resumes and interview skills, provided opportunities for advancement and connected us with mentors in the community. They pushed me to learn and grow more than I ever thought possible, and for that, I am extremely grateful.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. Sundaram has been my biggest mentor at HPU. From my first financial accounting class, she believed in my abilities when I didn’t have the confidence to. She showed care in helping me succeed and I am very grateful. She helped me land my first public accounting internship and my post-graduation job. Dr. Sundaram greatly impacted my experience at HPU for the better.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was when I was recognized on Honor’s Day as the outstanding accounting student in the senior class. I was honored to receive this award as recognition of the work my classmates and I have put into our classes.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Take advantage of every opportunity that HPU offers from the beginning. There is likely never going to be another time when you are exposed to so many different possibilities. See guest speakers, talk with your professors about job opportunities and visit The Office of Career and Professional Development. Join clubs, honor societies and attend any events you find interesting. You never know what you have interests in until you start experiencing things. These endless opportunities are what make HPU stand out.”