Class of 2019 Outcomes: Emily Lima Has a Future at Havas Media Group

With another successful commencement behind us, High Point University seniors have kicked-off prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019: 

Name: Emily Lima

Hometown: Summit, New Jersey

Major: Strategic communication with a minor in dance

Post-graduation plans: Lima joins Havas Media Group as a social analyst in New York City. She supports the social media specialists with day-to-day execution of paid campaigns and focuses on building out detailed plan recommendations, executing IO’s and contracts, monitoring daily performance, making optimization recommendations and reconciling monthly billing needs. Lima is actively working to maximize the performance of Havas’ client’s campaigns across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other emerging social platforms.

How HPU helped you get there: “The Nido R. Qubein School of Communication prepared me more than I ever thought possible. Assigning real-life projects with local clients helped me get experience in the field before I even graduated. I shared this during my interviews and hiring managers were all very impressed with how much I was able to do and learn while still in school. Thanks to the Office of Career & Professional Development I was able to fix up my resume as well as practice my interview skills.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU was Professor Lindsey Howie. She pushed me to be creative and let loose after being in the traditional classroom setting all day. Dancing in her classes was always fun, it encouraged me to keep pursuing my love of dance, and pushed me to expand my experience in the dance field. She helped me through one of the more difficult tasks I experienced, which was choreographing a dance for the fall dance concert. I didn’t think my ideas were good enough, but Lindsey encouraged me and guided me throughout the entire process until my vision was captured on stage.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was joining my sorority, Sigma Sigma Sigma. It led me to find the most amazing friends that made my college experience amazing, and I don’t think my experience would have been the same without them. It also helped me seek leadership roles, which was great experience for my future career.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Take advantage of every single thing that HPU has to offer. They are here to help you through it all and they want to see you succeed. The best thing you can do for yourself is to actively participate in class, go to the career offices, go to job fairs, network with your professors and more. Time will fly by. When I was a freshman, I never thought I would be a senior walking across that graduation stage, but it happens faster than you’d think. Enjoy every moment because you are going to be in my shoes before you even know it!”