Class of 2020 Outcomes: Isabella Robino Learns Luxury Brand Management in Italy

With another successful Commencement behind us, High Point University graduates are commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2020:

Name: Isabella Robino

Hometown: Los Angeles, California

Major: International business with a minor in Italian studies

Post-graduation plans: Robino will be attending LUISS Guido Carlo in Rome, Italy, for the Luxury Brand Management program.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU gave me the tools I needed to succeed. While sometimes I didn’t realize it at the moment, every situation at High Point helped put me where I am today. The HPU philosophy and environment is one of positivity and becoming your personal best. From the leader and motivator, Dr. Qubein, to the professors, success coaches, or even talking to the Starbucks staff for five extra minutes, all of it made my experience at High Point University extraordinary. The Office of Career and Professional Development and the Success Coaches are invaluable. They were always available for meetings and even impromptu walk-ins for help with my resume or career questions. The resources are there, so take the time to use them, and they will help you reach your goals.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “There were many, including my freshman success coach, Michael; my second-year mentor, Phillip; and my Italian professor, Tessa Gurney. Alongside the faculty at HPU, the staff always brought my spirits up on my challenging days. Every time I went to Starbucks, the Slane Café, or the Farmers Market (my favorite), the ladies and men working there always found a way to put a smile on my face. They are people I will NEVER forget as they have truly changed and impacted my daily life at HPU.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment was an accumulation of moments. From my downfalls of not doing so well on a test, to shining in the spotlight of receiving an award for my minor, Italian Studies, I believe my entire time at High Point was impactful as I learned many things from every experience. I learned things on my way to class, during class, from my teachers, and from my friends. I am eternally grateful for every single moment I spent on the HPU’s campus.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Please take advantage of every opportunity, game, activity and event happening on campus. You have no idea how much it’s worth until it’s gone. Spend time with your friends every opportunity you can. Enjoy the beautiful campus where you will have four wonderful years to live. And if you get homesick at first, know that it’s normal, but remember how grateful you are to be at such a wonderful university with the beauty HPU has to offer in every corner of its campus, with its faculty and staff, and it’s wonderful education. Always be mindful of those around you. You never know when someone else is having a hard time. Be loving and caring and open to all walks of life you will encounter at this wonderful university. Thanks to HPU, I was able to graduate Summa Cum Laude with honors. Keep your head in the books, find the right balance, and never lose sight of your goals.”