Class of 2021 Outcomes: Charlie Taylor Manages for J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.

Apr 15th, 2021

IMG 5908
Charlie Taylor
Charlotte, North Carolina
Business Administration
Internship / Job
Wealth Management Client Associate
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.

With another Commencement quickly approaching, High Point University graduates will be commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2021:

Name: Charlie Taylor

Hometown: Charlotte, North Carolina

Major: Business administration with a minor in finance

Post-graduation plans: Taylor joins J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. as a wealth management client associate in New York City. He works within a team who manages the portfolios of high net-worth individuals in an effort to help clients meet their financial goals. Many financial goals require an immense amount of planning and research to accomplish, he will navigate workable solutions to assist them in reaching those requirements.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has helped me develop over the years in numerous ways. The environment and culture that circulates the campus on a day to day basis is inspiring and has helped shape my daily mindset. Thanks to HPU’s small class size and caring professors, I developed my communication skills and grew into a more confident speaker. The Office of Career and Professional Development jump started my internship and career searches exponentially. They assisted me with everything I needed from finding a career path that interested me, tuning up my resume, building cover letters, connecting me with employers and more. Their office is an awesome aspect of High Point University that I don’t believe you can get anywhere else.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Professor Thomas James – I have had a handful of classes with professor James and he has been my academic advisor over the past few years. He is easily one of my favorite professors. He has taught me invaluable life lessons through his course work and most of what I know about finance, which I will forever be thankful. Professor James also worked in wealth management during his career which he was able to provide me with useful insight into the industry.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Although I learned a lot in my classes, some of my most impactful moments took place outside the classroom. It’s hard to choose one, but the numerous philanthropy events held by the Kappa Sigma Fraternity tend to stick out as some of the most impactful for me.”

Advice for underclassmen: “My best advice for underclassman would be to stop waiting. Stop waiting for something to fall in your lap, stop waiting to take that class you’ve always wanted to, stop waiting to take your LinkedIn Photo, just stop waiting! I say this because the world we live in doesn’t stop for anyone. Take advantage of what you have while you have it because before you know it, you’ll be walking across Roberts lawn in a cap & gown.”