Class of 2021 Outcomes: Hallie Daniel Decides on a Juris Doctorate

With another Commencement quickly approaching, High Point University graduates will be commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2021:

Name: Hallie Daniel

Hometown: Claremont, North Carolina

Major: Psychology with a minor in philosophy

Post-graduation plans: Daniel will be attending Liberty University School of Law to pursue a Juris Doctorate.  

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU helped me get into law school by providing me with many resources to aid in my success and gave me a multitude of opportunities for campus involvement. I want to give special thanks to the Office of Career & Professional Development for working with me to create a professional resume and for helping me finalize my personal statements for law school applications. I also utilized PathwayU through them and it helped assure me that I was on the right track. I had a class in which someone from Career and Professional Development spoke with us on several occasions. I am also thankful for the many opportunities for involvement. For two years, I was employed with concierge in which I honed my communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills. Along with working with concierge, I was a member of several organizations and an officer in two. Being involved at HPU has definitely taught me much-needed skills to succeed in the real world.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Honestly, I cannot pick out one impactful mentor as everyone at HPU had an impact on my skills and education. Dr. Kelly Curtis, who wrote one of my letters of recommendation for law school, taught my forensic psychology class and fueled my love for both psychology and the law. Chief Concierge Dylan Denning helped prepare me for a career working with people by teaching me communication and interpersonal skills. Lastly, Dr. Scott Ingram helped me feel more confident going into law school by reassuring me that I had the skills to succeed as an attorney in the courtroom.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was competing on the mock trial team. We competed in two competitions and participated in multiple rounds with schools from all over the country. Our team became really close by the end of our second competition and I know that we would be willing to help each other in the future. It was amazing to have the chance to actually play an attorney in a trial, practice my skills, and build my confidence, all before stepping foot in law school. It really solidified that becoming a lawyer is the right path for me.”

Advice for underclassmen: “My advice would be to get involved. Joining clubs and organizations is a great way to get to know friends and to build your network. I have gotten to know many great friends through my extracurriculars because I was able to find people I have things in common with. It’s also a great reminder that while academics are important (especially for grad school), it is still important to have fun and build meaningful connections with others during your time at HPU!”