Class of 2021 Outcomes: Sarah Shields Decides on a Juris Doctorate

May 15th, 2021

1617216993968
Sarah Shields
Erie, Pennsylvania
International Business

Post-graduation plans: Shields will be attending University of Virginia School of Law to pursue a Juris Doctorate.

Name: Sarah Shields

Hometown: Erie, Pennsylvania

Major: International business with a minor in French and Francophone Studies

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “I am grateful for many mentors at HPU. Dr. Stoutner was an incredible advisor for my time as a business fellow. Dr. Leclercq’s mentorship also had a huge impact on my success in the French department. In my journey to law school, Dr. Ingram has been an amazing advisor. His mentorship as my Pre-Law advisor was instrumental in my success during this application cycle. Additionally, his courses helped prepare me for the type of work required in law school and I am so grateful for those experiences.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was joining Alpha Phi Omega, the co-ed service fraternity. I am grateful for my time in that organization and the experiences, lessons, and friends it brought me. It was a pleasure to serve alongside my wonderful brothers and I am so happy I joined freshman year.”

Advice for underclassmen: “My advice to underclassmen is to always keep their goals in mind. Law school has been my lifelong dream; having that thought in the back of mind for my three years of undergrad was what kept me going. It can be difficult to push ahead but it is always worth it!”