Internship Profile: Kenzie Ulrich Interns with Lowes Foods

Jul 21st, 2021

Kenzie Lowes
Kenzie Ulrich
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Graphic Design
Internship / Job
Marketing and Graphic Design Intern
Lowe's Foods

Name: Kenzie Ulrich

Hometown: Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

Major: Design studies, concentrating in graphic design with a minor in education studies

Internship: Ulrich joins Lowes Foods as a marketing and graphic design intern. She is responsible for creating content for social media, sponsorship, marketing and digital platforms. Ulrich is also assessing current methods of digital content creation, providing recommendations for improvement, and leveraging existing content in new innovative ways that will be more digitally impactful.

How HPU helped you get there: “My experience at HPU has shaped me into a more confident version of myself. Experiential learning, a focus in life skills, and a plethora of resources prepared me to apply for internships, and feel confident that I had the skills necessary to be successful in these positions. The classes and experiences I have had at HPU have been critical in preparing me to be successful in this internship. I visited the Office of Career and Professional Development to review and strengthen my resume. I also have used the resources that are online in order to write a strong cover letter and build up my presence on LinkedIn.”

Most Impactful Mentor: “My most impactful mentor at HPU has been Janis Dougherty. Throughout my time at HPU Professor Dougherty challenged me to create work that I was proud of and provided ways for me to learn and grow as a student. I was always so excited to attend her class, and looked to her for guidance and inspiration throughout many of my projects.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “My internship experience has been a range of creating content independently, working alongside others to produce projects, as well as working with a team of interns to provide recommendations for improvement to the executives of the company. This experience has helped me grow my skills within graphic design and marketing as well as learn how a team operates and completes projects collectively and efficiently.”