Internship Profile: Natalie Geriot Develops Broadcasting Experience with QVC

Jul 13th, 2021

IMG 8455
Natalie Geriot
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Media Production and Entrepreneurship, Graphic Design
Internship / Job
Broadcast Intern
QVC

Name: Natalie Geriot

Hometown: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Major: Double major in media production and entrepreneurship, and graphic design

Internship: Geriot joins the QVC Network as a broadcast intern. QVC is one of the highest-grossing television networks in the world, broadcasting items to purchase. Geriot’s role is to assist with the lighting on set for all broadcasts, as well as checking virtual guests’ lighting and technological operations before they go on air.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has prepared me greatly to take on any role that I choose to pursue. My professors and activities outside of class have taught me the essential skills that I need to succeed in the workplace. All of the leadership opportunities that HPU offers have also prepared me to be ambitious as well which is what made me stand out to job recruiters when applying to internships. The Office of Career and Professional Development’s videos for interview and virtual interview tips during the process of applying to different internships was very helpful to me.”

Most Impactful Mentor: “My most impactful mentor at HPU has been one of my graphic design professors, Janis Dougherty. She taught me the essential skills I need both for graphic design and for personal growth. She has always supported me both academically and personally, and has helped me to succeed as a leader and a student. She provides nonstop support for me as the president of the graphic design club and I will always cherish her mentorship.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “My internship experience has been amazing so far! I am gaining experience in the industry that I want to pursue a career in after graduation by working alongside and learning from extremely talented professionals. I love the excitement of live television, and am very grateful to be involved in the process of putting on a broadcast watched in millions of households every day!”