Internship Profile: Luke Ivey Build Business Experience with Bandwith

Oct 07th, 2021

IMG 5829[19880]

READ MORE INTERNSHIP PROFILES

Name: Luke Ivey

Hometown: Wilmington, North Carolina

Major: Entrepreneurship with a minor in sales

Internship: Ivey joined Bandwidth as a sales intern where he worked directly with existing customer base, assisted in various stages of sales funnel, including partnering with marketing to create campaigns, generated leads, and drove revenue and manage customer relationships.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has helped me tremendously with my professional development, allowing me to be further prepared for situations in the workforce. The strong bond I have with Professors Mark Michael, Kathy Elliott, and Larry Quinn have given me great support and advice on more than just classes. Being involved in Alpha Kappa Psi, a professional business fraternity here on campus, allowed me to utilize resources and stand out in my interviews. I am so grateful to be able to call this place home and become closer to being the person I want to be. I used the Office of Career & Professional Development to perfect my resume and cover letters, allowing me to obtain an internship with Caffey Distributing my sophomore year. Due to COVID-19, that internship opportunity was cancelled, but I was then able to intern with Bentley of High Point. On day one of my internship, all of the managers took their interns out to lunch and there I showed off what 1924 Prime has taught me. It was a casual lunch but even in settings with just my family and friends, I feel as if I can be professional while enjoying a nice meal. This helped me set a good impression with my manager for the 11 weeks to follow. ”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Kathy Elliot has been very helpful to me as an entrepreneurship major.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “During the 11-week program at Bandwidth, I learned how to create a strong work-life balance. I resonated well with the culture at the company and never realized how much change I saw in myself until my habits then became part of my daily life. I went to the gym every day, read books, competed in competitions and explored Raleigh while still gaining a unique perspective from multiple departments. Throughout my time, I called 411 accounts, booked 53 meetings which lead to 14 opportunities for more business and a total of $237,000 in revenue.”