Internship Profile: Olivia Bozzomo Finds a Future in Aerospace

Oct 12th, 2021

1603466802573

READ MORE INTERNSHIP PROFILES

Name: Olivia Bozzomo

Hometown: Horsham, Pennsylvania

Major: Psychology with a minor in business administration

Internship: Bozzomo worked with Collins Aerospace as a human relations intern. She performed a gap analysis for the merging companies, presented information on turnover rates, re-organized the onboarding and orientation process and created content for the Learning and Development team to present later.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has given me countless opportunities to get involved and pursue leadership positions that help me develop skills I can apply in the workplace. I took Careers and Development with Dr. Danzis and her class along with the support of my advisor, Dr. Elder helped me to find what I wanted in a career, how to build a resume, and interviewing skills.

Most impactful moment at HPU: I think my most impactful moment at HPU was joining Alpha Chi Omega my sophomore year. The girls in that chapter are smart, driven, and empowering. They inspired me and pushed me to join new clubs and apply for new leadership positions. I wouldn’t be where I am today without their help and dedication to each other’s success.

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “My internship was phenomenal. They pushed me to learn new things, reach out to people in the company to hear about their experiences and positions, allowed me to take ownership of my work and set me up to continue to be successful in the company. I am currently working for their Winston-Salem location part-time as a talent acquisition specialist and have the opportunity to start full-time after my graduation this May.”