Class of 2022 Outcomes: Emmy T. Cristiano Crushes Client Engagement

Apr 29th, 2022

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2022:

Name: Emmy T. Cristiano

Hometown: Rye, New York

Major: Event management

Post-graduation plans: Cristiano will be joining Signature Wealth Strategies as the director of client engagement. In this role,  she will be responsible for client experience and assist with marketing strategies, client events and client branding.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University prepared me by giving me opportunities inside and outside the classroom to collaborate with others. Working with students that have varying work ethics challenged me to rise to the occasion and learn to respect different learning styles. The Office of Career and Professional Development was a great resource for refining my resume and helping me create various versions. As an underclassman, they guided me through the process of discovering my major. Before accepting my current position, I had a series of interviews, one of which was over lunch. I felt very prepared because I took advantage of the fine-dining experiences, like 1924 PRIME, on campus. 1924 PRIME has upheld and furthered the etiquette instilled in my home life with an added business component.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU was my business professor, Philip Norwood. He helped me realize the level of effort needed if I wanted to be successful at HPU. He emphasized the value of sitting in the front of the class and engaging with professors after class. He took the extra time to sit with me outside class, and even adjusted his office hours to further my understanding of a class topic.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “When I was packing to go home at the start of the pandemic, my aunt Caroline traveled with my mom and I. She has supported me my entire life. I remembered what Nido said about our High Point University blanket — to give it to someone who has made an impact on your life. I presented the blanket to my aunt for all her love and support. Yes, there were a few tears shed! Tears of gratitude!”

How has HPU’s inspiring environment contributed to your success? “HPU’s campus has encouraged me to live my life to the fullest. I saw reminders everywhere to strive for not only success in the workplace, but success in my heart and soul. In the words of Gandhi, ‘Be the change you want to see in the world.'”

What are the life skills HPU helped you develop that prepared you for long-term success? “Confidence in myself to succeed was the dominant life skill echoed throughout my time at HPU by faculty, staff and curriculum. Every obstacle I hit, turned from a hurdle to a new path of ‘what to do or not to do’ in the future.”

What are the values and virtues HPU’s campus helped you develop that you’ll take with you after graduation? “All of HPU’s values and virtues will come with me on my next adventure. My takeaway is to continue to share and model these values for others. I have persevered through adversity, and am clear on my values, so now, in the words of Roy E. Disney, ‘my decisions will become easier.'”

Advice for underclassmen: “Take group projects seriously. Learn from and respect the different types of work ethics students have. Not everyone works the same as you, but the work must still get done. Put yourselves out there on all job sites, especially LinkedIn. Connect with new people daily, which is important for future opportunities.”