Class of 2022 Outcomes: Ashton Kajcienski Makes Memorable Experiences in Music

May 06th, 2022

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2022:

Name: Ashton Kajcienski

Hometown: Bahama, North Carolina

Major: Graphic design with an event management minor

Post-graduation plans: Kajcienski will be joining Live Nation Entertainment in Raleigh, North Carolina, as an experience manager. In this role, she will create memorable and valuable experiences for the venue’s crew members and guests who attend concerts and live events that Live Nation Entertainment produces at Red Hat Amphitheater. Kajcienski will also coordinate crew member appreciation events and manage a team of crew members and supervisors under the Guest Ambassador Department.

How HPU helped you get there: “Through the opportunities HPU provides, I gained the communication, conflict management and leadership skills needed to be an effective leader and manager. The graphic design professors helped heighten my time management and creative skills, which are essential in my role as an event manager, and I couldn’t be more grateful. As early as my freshman year, I met with my career advisor, Emily Long, in the Office of Career and Professional Development. She helped me write a professional resume and cover letter and create contacts at the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame. As a junior going into senior year I received an internship at the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio, which gave me experience that is applicable in my position at Live Nation and my future endeavors in the music industry.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “I had many impactful mentors at HPU, but two that stick out are Professors Janis Dougherty and Brianna Clark. Dr. Clark, assistant professor of event management, helped me grow professionally and offered me a glimpse into the ever-changing managerial and events world. Professor Dougherty, instructor of visual arts, helped me grow personally. She inspired me to branch out, explore new things, explore my personal artistic and creative voice, and showed me what it looks like to be a genuine person. I am forever grateful for them both.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was when I realized that I wanted to change my major to graphic design. Professor Dougherty gave me the confidence to switch to an artistic focus and is truly a role model.”

How has HPU’s inspiring environment contributed to your success? “HPU’s campus has provided the clean, inspiring environment that motivates me to stay on top of responsibilities and offers a beautiful place for my creative juices to flow.”

What are the life skills HPU helped you develop that prepared you for long-term success? “Gaining confidence and effective skills in public speaking are the biggest life skills I learned at HPU. As well as time management, support and mentorship. HPU’s campus taught me to look for and value the quality of things.”

Advice for underclassmen: “You are never going to know if you never try. Value your happiness and quality of life over the monetary value of a job. Apply for that dream job, go for what you think is impossible — the worst they can do is say no. Then you adapt, pivot and find what you are meant to be.”