Class of 2022 Outcomes: Gracie Reid Works Her Magic at Disney

May 19th, 2022

1F3D53B3-7D44-4003-9C0B-72B4CADFF2A4-e1652963828946.jpeg
Gracie Reid
Moberly, Missouri
Accounting
The Walt Disney Company

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2022:

Name: Gracie Reid

Hometown: Moberly, Missouri

Major: Accounting

Post-graduation plans: Reid will join The Walt Disney Company’s national Disney College Program in Orlando, Florida. She will gain knowledge of various roles at the Disney parks through hands-on experience, job shadowing and seminars.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU, especially the accounting department, pushed me to do more than I imagined possible. I graduated a year early — something I could not have done without the constant support from professors and peers. HPU is an extraordinary university that provided me with amazing mentors and life-long friends. I will always cherish my years at HPU. The Office of Career and Professional Development encouraged me to find my passion. They encouraged me to apply to the Disney College Program and to stick with my major through hard times. I know they will continue to support me in my future endeavors.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Professor Scott Davis was my most impactful mentor. I’ve never had a professor push me so much and care about my success. His constant support in my college journey and future career meant more to me than he will ever know. He cares about his students’ lives in and outside of class and makes personal connections that will last a lifetime.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment was my first semester at HPU. I was 13 hours from my home, family and friends. HPU’s faculty and staff were there to support and love me when I missed home. It was a small gesture, but Sarah Lytle told me I could contact her any hour of the day if I needed someone to talk to. That stuck with me during my time at HPU, and I don’t think it would’ve happened at any other university. The faculty and staff here truly care.”

How has HPU’s inspiring environment contributed to your success? “Having a nice campus and great environment to learn in drives students to work hard and achieve greatness, so we can provide the same lifestyle for ourselves in the future.”

What are the life skills HPU helped you develop that prepared you for long-term success? “HPU treats students like adults from day one so we are prepared for life after graduation. Opportunities to network with professionals across the country gave me so many connections for future endeavors and career moves. Now, I can walk in a room of strangers and leave with a new network of connections and friends.”

What are the values and virtues HPU’s campus helped you develop that you’ll take with you after graduation? “HPU is truly a God, family and country university. I am confident that if I make those three values the highlight of my life, I will go far and find happiness.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Get involved. HPU provides so many events and seminars to network with professionals. Take advantage of those events and build your network early, so when it’s time to start thinking about your future, you have people to help you through the process. And don’t blink. Time goes by way too fast!”