Class of 2022 Outcomes: Hailey Turner Brings Theater to Life

May 25th, 2022

IMG_4895-copy-1-e1653481978883.jpg
Hailey Turner
Gastonia, North Carolina
Theater and English
Spoleto Festival

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2022:

Name: Hailey Turner

Hometown: Gastonia, North Carolina

Major: Theater and English

Post-graduation plans: Turner will be the assistant venue manager for Dock Street Theatre at the world renowned Spoleto Festival in Charleston, South Carolina, which brings artists together from all over the world.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU’s Department of Theater and Dance prepared me with real life scenarios. Thanks to mentorship from faculty and staff, I am confident in my abilities to manage an artistic group on a professional level. The team in the Office of Career and Professional Development also helped me by reviewing my professional materials.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentors at HPU were Lani Skelley and Doug Brown. They helped me develop confidence in my artwork and encouraged me to express myself.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment was moving into Finch residence hall freshman year! It is where I met my best friends and where HPU became my home!”

How has HPU’s inspiring environment contributed to your success? “When you walk around campus, you can feel success in the air. I wanted to do my part in contributing to that and in turn, this campus did the same for me.”

What are the life skills HPU helped you develop that prepared you for long-term success? “HPU taught me how to be comfortable in a professional setting. Just because you’re young, doesn’t mean you aren’t qualified to be there!”

Advice for underclassmen: “Don’t be afraid to try new things! You’ll be shocked at how passionate you can be about something you never considered before!”